Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Musical shifts

I got a phone call from my shift leader a few minutes ago asking if I could come in on my original schedule today (10 am-6 pm) and have her take 2 pm-10 pm. It's for a good cause--her son is waiting at the airport in Louisville having come in from Afghanistan, and this way he won't have to wait until about 8 pm tonight to come home.

I'm glad I didn't stay up too late, although I had plans for this morning and was waking up just as she called. I did have the humidifier turned up a little bit too high last night, so I feel a bit saturated and coughy. And of course, I just feel like I normally do in the mornings. A hot shower should help with that.

So, I guess I'm going on in to work. Wish me luck. It seems to be an adventure this weekend. Last night we were inundated due to a basketball game. I don't know if there's a football one or not todyay. Sports, hmpf!

No comments: