Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Well, I'm up, if a bit groggy

I think I'll take about half an hour to wake up properly and then sort the laundry, start the laundry, attack the bathroom, then the kitchen, and then the living room, which is the most cluttered of all. It has things like the printer box (I kept it for a little while in case I had to return it) and the stuff that came out of the car. I'd like to get rid of the old printer that doesn't work, but I really can't throw that in the garbage; it needs to be recycled. Maybe Margaret can take me to the electronics recycling centre sometime soon. It has hazardous materials in it and shouldn't go in the dumpster. Maybe I can find room in a closet for now, although my closets are mostly full of books (rather than clothes). The bedroom's pretty much okay except for making the bed and clearing some old receipts, etc., from the top of the chest of drawers. I really shouldn't run the vacuum in the middle of the night (although I am going to run the dishwasher), but I can sweep the bathroom and kitchen, and maybe mop if there's time.

I know, it sounds like a big job. I kept the house really clean for about 6 months and then back in April I got sick and it just all went to hell. I have to pretty much do a major purge twice a year, since I'm such a pack rat. Now I have incentive, which will help for having the house nice for the ritual to Hekate next Monday. Wish me luck.

No comments: