Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh, I forgot

I recently mailed two books to other members of Paperback Swap, and they've both received them, so I had two credits to spend on books of my own. I chose 100 Hair Raising Little Horror Stories (which is on its way) and The Runes of the Earth (The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant) by Stephen R Donaldson. So far, oddly enough, I've put in for books that happen to be hardcover. I have the second Thomas Covenant book, but not the first. I loved the prior two trilogies, even though Thomas is not a particularly sympathetic character. They are excellent reads, though. The horror stories book contains short stories by classic horror authors, including HP Lovecraft. It happens to be a companion volume to the first book I got through the club, which was a collection of ghost stories. If you like to read and have some books you don't mind sending to others, be sure to check out their website. It's fun and free.

No comments: