Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, November 16, 2009

How absolutely horrible

Girl in prostitution-kid case found dead: N.C. mother accused of offering her 5-year-old for sexual services

Shaniya Davis was being raised by her father, but he had decided to let her stay with her mother for awhile. I feel so sorry for him, for the outcome of a decision that was well-meant and so terribly tragic.

As for the mother and the man who's being held for Shaniya's kidnapping, we'll see how things play out, but if they were involved in offering her up for sex and in her killing, then I hope justice is served. I also wonder if drugs were involved. So sad.

PS Update 11/20/09 Cops: Girl raped, killed on day she was taken--
29-year-old man faces sexual assault, murder charges in 5-year-old’s death


I don't generally support the death penalty, but this one is one where I would consider it. There are times I think some people just should be removed from the planet, and those who prey on children are at the top of my list.

No comments: