Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 19, 2004

Hmpf, okay, maybe I'm just feeling a little testy...

Apparently, they've instituted a policy where you can search inside the book at Amazon--but only if you provide verifiable credit card info. They say you won't be charged, but I don't really see much reason in giving my credit card info--on top of my normal account info--just to view a quote. I've ordered from Amazon, proven I'm a real person (since I paid them), but they need extra proof to keep publisher's happy? Hmpf. I don't know if it's a general thing or just for the book I was looking in (some reference books obviously won't let you search, since they were meant to be bought to look up quick bits of info, but this was a book where I was trying to determine how well a diet would work for a vegetarian, came up with only one mention of the word within it, so I was wondering how it dealt with vegetarianims. Ironically, I'm trying to compare various vegetarian-friendly, diabetes-friendly diets, and my friend Brenda has had very good success on Sugar Busters!, the book I was looking in. :)

For now, Ithink I'll stick with my Dean Ornish book and I've read enough about nutrition and the glycaemic index to work things out. As one reviewer put it, just about any diet works on keeping down portions, keeping down empty calories, and getting a decent amount of exercise, anyway. :)

No comments: