Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 26, 2004

It finally happened

listening to: 'Bonny Swans' by Loreena McKinnitt
feeling:
Immeasurably Better

Okay, I know this shouldn't be funny, but...

Spock the catDwana stopped by to drop something off and Spock (my beautiful, yet unaware

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

(as I was saying before the big lunk stepped on my keyboard)

and stupid cat wanted to be near her so much he blithely swatted his tail into the candle before I could intercept him. There was a bit of a popping sound like when a fuse lights and a bit of singed-hair smell but I scooped him up and patted down his tail before he had a chance to get hurt, so no harm done. What did he do? Press into me and purr really loudly, oblivious to how close he came to being chat flambeau.

For the record, I don't leave candles burning unattended, and Spock rarely will do much more than sniff one. He just lost his head in the presence of the Dwana. And almost his tail. :) Now he is on the comic box at my feet, happily snoozing. Sixteen years old, but he's still just a great big kitten. Have I mentioned he really is a special needs kitty? But I do love him so. Even if he does have awful messy reactions to worming medicine.


No comments: