Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Once again, we save the world

I got a lot done today. I stopped by Dwana's and picked up their paper and turned out the outside light, because I realised I'd left it on and didn't want anyone thinking they were gone. The boys (read, kitties) seemed to be doing well, and Lily, the outside cat, came running up to me. I'd fed her the evening before but hadn't actually seen her. So I got her some fresh water and more food and then headed on, happy that I'd avoided anything such as Simba pulling a quick getaway that he sometimes does at the door.

I'd started out giving my own dog a bath today, then went on to wash three more! I really need to do my cats, too, but that will have to wait for another day, because I'd rather wash an entire pack of dogs over one cat. Whew!

We played a marathon session today of the Cthulhu game, which ran for about 8 1/2 hours. Short version (I'm to tired to emote, and you probably don't care), we averted Armageddon (we think), we saved Brenda's character, his wife, and all the kids, and managed to write a program to siphon off funds from the big evil mult-national company of doom so that we could continue our fight against Cthulhu and his minions (think of Ghostbusters...how many paying customers do you think they have?) :) Dee was able to come for awhile and Brenda was able to play later than normal, so we went ahead and finished everything up. Then I did some typing on our gaming project. Now I'm home but I will not...repeat...will not play on the computer but will just go on to bed because I have a library committee meeting in the morning.

No comments: