Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 17, 2004

13 Essential Songs for Driving

listening to: Relaxed
feeling: Once More, With Feeling (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Musical)

The following are things I love to crank up and sing my heart to during driving. Oddly enough, most people probably wouldn't identify them with me--but they strike a chord with me (pun not intended) anyway.


13. Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd
12. New Year's Day by U2
11. Cecelia by Simon & Garfunkel
10. Something in the Air Tonight by Phil Collins (yeah, I confess, I own the 'Miami Vice' soundtrack)
9. Unforgiven by Metallica
8. Enemy Within by Rush (my Cthulhu character Rosalind's song)
7. Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode
6. Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp
5. Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (hey, it's about heroin and LA, but I love it)
4. Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood (pure sex, pure dance)
3. Play That Funky Music, White Boy by Wild Cherry (David Duchovny and Orlando Jones, 'nough said)
2. Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones

and most importantly...

1. American Pie by Doug McLean

No comments: