Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Sleep = Energy to enjoy the weekend

Last night I slept for 12 hours straight. Then it was off to a lesson--it's a study day, after a hiatus, and my tutor was not particularly pleased by my lack of recall, so we're going back over some of it again.

This was followed by a visit with friends culminating in the Great Pepper Mill and Cuisinart Hunt which was actually the most fun I've had at Fayette Mall. In my life. (The Paxil must be working). :)

Later I went over to Dwana's to cat sit and do my laundry (isn't it great when doing something for someone actually helps the other person, too?) Doing the laundry gave me about 4 hours with the cats, who were doing pretty well in their people's absence, but I think they appreciated some companionship. Simba and Baby Kitty (he really doesn't answer to his name, Midnight) curled up with me pretty well. At one point I got something out of the refrigerator and Midnight pawed in the air madly, trying to catch the door. He's quite silly, but he let me hold him a couple of times, and purred. Simba is a very big boy, over 20 lbs, and likes his comfort (he looks like he needs a remote control and beer and he'd be right at home). He seemed annoyed at me for taking his spot, but eventually shared. Armed with a remote control and cable after having none since April, I wound up watching Court TV and A&E's City Confidential. Suffice to say that once I made it home, I was feeling lucky not to have been raped and murdered on the way. Maybe forensics shows aren't the best late-night fare, after all. But the kitties saw me through.

There's a lot I should be doing. I cleaned the catbox and at least I have clean laundry, but I feel I should be doing some unpacking, etc. But you know what? It's the weekend, my day off, and maybe it's just good to get a little rest.

No comments: