Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 30, 2004

Boom*Thunder*Hail

I was getting ready to leave my conference and head over to the station to pick up my paycheque when I decided, hey, I'm at a major research library, let's look up one troublesome question I've received.

Well, I'm a little closer to the solution, but even more importantly, about the time I sidled into the movable shelving stacks, a thunderstorm alert came out over the security guard's radio, followed almost immediately by the unmistakable sounds of a deluge beginning.

So, it did save me a drenching. Since my umbrella is in the car, and since it's coming down so quickly that the umbrella wouldn't help, anyway, I think I'll park myself here for a few minutes more.

Oh, by the way, my favourite thing about the University now that I'm not here regularly? The fact that they have free feminine napkins in the ladies' bathrooms. Sometimes being caught without one of those is as bad as being caught without an umbrella. :)

The thunder's still going, but it sounds like the rain has let up...I'm going to go take a closer look, then hopefully be on my way.

No comments: