Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Well, that could have gone better

I finally had a bread failure.  One, I used standard measuring spoons of a friend, rather than the ones that came with the machine.  I don't think that contributed that much.  Measuring spoons should be measuring spoons, right?  Two, I needed 2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast due to using rapid bake, so I got to the end of the jar with about 1/4 teaspoon left, and even though I measured out that, it apparently was too off to rise correctly.  It also wasn't stirred and kneaded quite well--I'm not sure what that was about.  So, I threw the doughy stuff into the trash, then realised the paddle was in it, had to fish out hot not-bread, cut out the paddle, and then take a nut pick and get the dough out of the D-shaped hole in the paddle so it would fit back on the spindle.  I let everything cool, and then I put new ingredients in, using the right measuring spoon, being careful with everything, and I'm trying again.  I should know in a little while whether it worked.  That was about 11:30, I guess, so I have almost an hour left.  In the meantime, I have swept and mopped the floor in the kitchen.  I just realised I didn't mop in the bathroom.  Drat.  Okay, let me do that.

No comments: