Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sometimes I feel like I live with a daemonic cat

This is one of those times.

So the cat is bad about acting out.   This morning he hacked up his food (he eats a special non-grain, a non-chicken formula that keeps the hack up from happening daily, but it still happens about weekly), so I'm sure he was hungrier than normal.  But...


  1. He was howling and howling, which can be annoying.
  2. He started clawing the mattress that YKWIA was sleeping upon, and that garnered a 'Bad cat!' from both myself and YKWIA, who woke up briefly.
  3. He clawed the dog, who yipped, as she has never learned to not get in the cat's face when he's testy. Or ever.


I went out and swatted him lightly and told him 'Bad cat!'  Then I did the unthinkable. I fed the dogs, but not him.  One dog ate, the other didn't. (She has days she doesn't, then eats at the next feeding.) I kept the cat away from her food.  I let them out.  I put the one dog's bowl up.  And then I went to the bathroom.

Now, I was going to feed him right after that.  In fact, I was opening the door to do so, and he ran under my feet, tripped me, and I wound up treading hard upon him (but he appears to be alright).  This threw me against the wall, hand-first.  My wrist, hand, shoulder, back, neck, and hips are now really hurting.  I went ahead and fed him.  He ate all his food.  He is quiet.  But I am not happy.

Granted, I love him.  But still. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

UPDATE: Okay, I think we've made up.  But it was touch and go for awhile on both our parts.

No comments: