Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 07, 2015

Well, I made it to 'Lego House' by Ed Sheeran

before deciding to call it quits. I've put away the clothes, cleaned out the tub, cleaned the sink in the bathroom (the toilet is okay), and so everything is pretty much done in the main rooms, leaving only the bedroom. I am eating some cherry tomatoes that have miraculously not gone bad (I have some pasta, but didn't want to eat anything heavy this late). I also downloaded SoundCloud so I could listen to Charlie Puth's piano/no rap version of 'See You Again' (I love the lyrics that didn't make it into the main version, and his voice is very sweet, which is good for this song). I haven't been able to find any way to actually download that version, as it's being played on the radio, but isn't officially released by a record company, so this was the next best thing. I also like his song with Meghan Trainor, 'Let's Marvin Gaye and Get it On'.

I'm not exactly sleepy, but I'm not ready to start excavating the bedroom this late in the game, so it will have to be done another day. Tomorrow is an early day for me, as it's the day I get my allergy shots, so I go into work an hour earlier than normal. I have a dental cleaning tomorrow afternoon, and just realised that may be an issue, as a friend needs meds from the pharmacy tomorrow. I might be able to get them if I bump the allergy shots to Wednesday, their late day, and go get the meds and then go to the dentist before delivering them. Actually, there are two appointments after work on Wednesday, one of mine followed by a friend's, so I can't get the allergy shots then. :( Thursday is going to be a special day I won't go into at the moment, and I'm off work, because it starts out with a doctor's appointment and then various things to follow, but I am not taking even the very small chance of having a reaction to the shots on that day, Epi-Pen or not. Friday, I think, is just a normal Friday, so I can get my shots then, and have one round this week instead of two.

So that's the week ahead. It'll also be a tight week. I paid my rent (on time!) but still have a couple of major bills, and I'm trying to save money for eating out on Thursday night with friends at Masala. I've got about $30 saved, there's gas in the car, but otherwise, I don't have anything that isn't already allocated. The latter part of the month should be a little better, so I'll hopefully be able to pay a couple of bills I couldn't at the beginning of the month then. I wish I could get my hair cut between now and Thursday, but that's a no go. Oh, well. I will eventually. :)

I think I'm going to go back in the bedroom and see if I can go to sleep. I won't listen to more music right now, anyway, it's been a day full of it. I might read a bit before I go to sleep, if I don't fall asleep quickly. Good night.

No comments: