Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm sorry I didn't blog last night

I was so terribly tired by the time I'd gotten home. Remember, I didn't sleep hardly at all on Friday night, and Saturday night, while I slept okay, didn't quite get me caught up. I did laundry and helped get YKWIA up and watched a couple of 'Hart of Dixie' episodes while he was eating breakfast and getting some coffee in him. YKWIA had made vegetarian cholent in the crockpot overnight, but there was still the balance of dinner to make--so afterwards I helped with the preparations for dinner, so I did a lot of vegetable chopping, mixing of kugel makings with my hands (eggs, oil, potatoes, onions, all mushed together), rolling matzo ball dough, and tossing veggies. We made matzo ball soup (he added some spices that made it very tasty), the kugel, and a nice salad. After dinner, which was excellent, YKWIA and I took a break and watched 'iZombie', which premiered last week. It was quite enjoyable. Then we made two 'derby' pies, with walnuts and chocolate chips (a little different from the normal pecans). Those were so they could take one to a meeting they're going to tonight, but I did get a piece. And in fact I had cholent, kugel, and pie to take for lunch today. So that was nice. It was a very nice 'early' birthday celebration. :)

I've run several errands today, eaten dinner, and I really need to do some stuff around here, so I should go. I'll see about writing later, but if not, good night.

No comments: