Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Listening to the local news

We've already gotten over five inches of snow in Lexington, with snow rapidly coming down, even though the transition didn't happen till the late afternoon. This is on top of a lot of rain, meaning they couldn't pre-treat the roads, so there's a glaze of ice under the snow from the frozen water and sleet, and it's really messy out there. Fortunately I went in a little early this morning, so I came home at 4:30 pm while it was still just rain. I suspect that I may be taking the bus tomorrow, unless things really improve. The worst thing is there's an Arctic blast coming. We're supposed to be at negative temperatures Friday morning. I have an appointment on Friday, and a friend does too, so I have to try to get out tomorrow night if at all possible. I do have a front-wheel drive vehicle, at least. A lot will depend on whether I can get out of my space. But tomorrow morning I may just try walking over to the bus stop (which is a pretty good walk, almost a quarter of a mile). I'm so tired of this stuff. Really. It can stop for the season, now.

No comments: