Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bless You, US Postal Service

Who figured out my apartment number and delivered my One Spirit books.

I got a nice big box with:
The Secret Language of Birds
Tibetan Meditations
Chakra Meditation Kit
Healthy Brain Kit
The Complete Guide to Chinese Calligraphy
How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
Self-Hypnosis Diet

and a Black and Ivory tote bag. :)

Five of the books were 40 cents each, and two were 50% off. The bag was free. I only have to buy 2 books in 2 years. Plus, with online shopping these days, I'm better at dealing with accepting or rejecting featured selections. Of course, it's the shipping that kills you. :) Still, not a bad haul. I went back and looked online whilst linking and the only one that gets substandard reviews in the chakra kit, because the man on the CD apparently does not have a soothing voice. I'll have to listen for myself. I'm especially interested in the Healthy Brain kit, which has a CD, book, and cards of mental exercises to stay sharp. I so need that. Plus, I've always wanted to know what various Chinese characters you see in calligraphy really mean. :)

No comments: