Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm not a sports fanatic

but it seems all those people going crazy about the University of Kentucky's NCAA bid in basketball (which was dashed in the first round against Marquette) were watching the wrong game.

The baseball team is 19-0, an impressive opening, and was number 2 in the nation going into the game. A friend of mine is a really big fan. He went a couple of days ago and they called the game, then the sun was out. Yesterday was miserable with rain and of course they didn't play. Today was beautiful, but he had to work, although I think he made part of the game, since he works nearby the stadium.

I'll probably jinx them by bringing them to your attention, but I hope not. It would be nice to see them break that record. So my fingers will be crossed for them on Friday. :)

No comments: