Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 11, 2007

As you know

I am enjoying my radioplays of The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Only fifty are in the collection, when there have been about 150 found. I think I'm on number 13. Today's was 'The Strange Case of the Murder in Wax'. Yesterday's was 'Mr Edwards'. It's certainly whetted my appetite for more. So even though I have a lot more to go, it will eventually end, and I was looking for more of the same. Enter The Sherlock Holmes Public Library, which is a treasure trove of the text stories (all but those in The Case­book of Sherlock Holmes, which is still under American copyright), but also for all sorts of audio files, including most of the radioplays, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle himself, even one on 'Batman and Sherlock Holmes'. If you're interested in Sherlockiana, check it out. There's also news and curiosities, such as Sherlockian scenes in Legos.

No comments: