Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Well, it's still gloomy outside but I feel better

I spent the evening with D and her 4-month-old yesterday, and I feel a lot better today. We had a long talk, and I think just having a chance to see her and spend some time together really helped. We're really good at cheering the other up, and fortunately we tend to alternate 'bad days', so we're generally not having one the same day. She also fixed me some food to take home so I'm set until I get paid on Thursday. Today I lucked out, too, because all employees got a free meal since the cash register in the cafeteria went bonkers. Yay! It couldn't come at a better time, right before payday. So, my only concern at this point is having enough gas to last until Thursday, since my gas light is on and I have errands to run tomorrow. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well.

We're getting the rain from now tropical storm Katrina, so we have a flood watch and the rain has just been very steady all day. But the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny. I'm looking forward to the three-day weekend coming up, too, although I don't really have any plans.

Well, that's enough for now; I just wanted to update things. Julie, when you read this, know I'm thinking of you and I'm glad you're doing better. For the rest of you, adieu until I write again.

PS My mom called this morning and told me my stepfather John was doing better. I hadn't blogged about it, but I was worried because he had septicaemia, probably getting an E. coli infection from a salad he'd eaten at a fast food chain. But he's back at work today and doing better. Go, John!

No comments: