Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A little good news

I have until Thursday to pay my rent, and I get paid Thursday. So another eviction bullet should be dodged. The landlady was very nice when I talked to her about it. Now I just need to get in touch with my new boss over at the TV station and work out a schedule with increased hours (yeah, the job I resigned from, but they wanted me to stay, and I wanted to stay, I just didn't want to let a state part-time job languish whilst waiting for the new teacher). But when I talked to his boss, she definitely wanted me to increase my hours, and since I won't be going to school, I can do just that. Yay.

Okay, I'm going to be very poor for a bit ($10 to last sixteen days)...but at least I have a roof over my head and my meds/health, and food/the health for my pets. That's what counts, right?

No comments: