Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I feel better today

D took me home after work yesterday and helped me get some gas in the car. It had run out without any real warning this time. Grrr. Although we're all pathetically poor, she was able to spare enough to get me up to a half a tank. Yay!

Tonight I'm having her and her husband and another friend over for dinner. I'm looking forward to it. It's been a rough week or too for virtually everyone I know, so it'll be nice to just sort of chill with friends. I've made a curried bean dish and I'm going to add veggie loaf and homemade whole wheat bread, and D is bringing cookies and drinks. It's a little heavy on grains, but hey, you work with what you have, right? We're going to play board games or cards. I may actually turn on the UK-Auburn game once dinner is over, since there will two sports fanatics involved. We'll see.

I'm still getting up every morning at 6:30 (long before my alarm goes off), but I've offset it by taking naps in the evening. I may not be able to do that today; it depends...the bread machine makes the bread after I set it, the beans are ready and just need to be heated, so all I have to do is make the veggie loaf, which shouldn't take too long. I vaccuumed yesterday, and the house has been clean for a good long while, so the most I'll do is about 10 minutes of straightening and do the cat box/take out the trash, and everything's ready. Dinner isn't until 7, so I may just get a nap in after all.

D got a preview of the house yesterday, but the others haven't seen it in awhile and I've done a lot of work, unpacking books, etc., since. I'm curious as to what they think. It's so nice not to be living out of boxes anymore. I think I was afraid to unpack for awhile because I wasn't sure I could keep a hold of the apartment, the way my finances have been--and it's been close, most recently this month--but I'm happy with my quiet neighbourhood, my neighbours, my apartment seems like home, etc. I've even planted bulbs out front to come up this spring, which thankfully isn't too far away. I saw cardinals mating this morning and noticed that the honeysuckles are starting to leaf out. Spring is my favourite time of the year (although my allergies don't agree, but fall is probably worse for that). I'm a spring baby, after all, and it won't be very long until I reach two anniversaries...the eighth year since starting my job and then a couple weeks later, my thirty-eighth birthday. 38! That sounds so old, but I don't feel that way at all.

Well that's enough for now. I'm going to go eat something to start my day out well. Hope your day is going nicely.

No comments: