Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 25, 2005

How to put insomnia to work for you

Since I've been on Abilify, it has had the strange side effect of making me a morning person, as in I'm waking up between 4 and 6:30 in the morning, and I don't have to be at work until 10. It also means I need to take evening naps to get enough overall sleep.

But, it's got some benefits:


  1. Morning is a great time to clean, wash dishes, etc.
  2. Yoga and relaxing baths. Enough said.
  3. Working out at the gym is great, although I have a harder time getting my generally low heartrate up...so it's best to do yoga first.
  4. Studying or reading in the quiet wee hours is nice.
  5. Listening to books on tape can put me back to sleep.
  6. I'm showing up to work about an hour early.
  7. I'm more productive.
  8. I have more time to blog.


Cool, but disconcerting.

No comments: