Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Too much excitement

This evening I:

  • was rear-ended by a guy who might have insurance, probably doesn't have a driver's licence, and most likely is not in this country legally. Good news: no one was hurt, and the car just has a tiny scrape near the licence plate. But it left me late for
  • an appointment where a friend and I were going, but we were still able to get in, and then I dropped the friend off and went to
  • a new temporary job I have, running through December 16th. Like the distance learning gig, it's with our public television station, but in fund-raising. I'm basically going to call former members and ask them to renew. I have telephone survey experience, but not telemarketing, although it's very soft sell, it's for a non-profit, and it's a worthy cause, so I don't think it'll be a problem. Plus, since we're in-house, their donations are actually going to the programming rather than some third-party company. The good thing is I get paid a minimum for just breathing, but I get an additional amount based on the donations, plus bonuses. A friend who did it last year averaged about $13-$18/hour when all was said and done, and since I'll be doing it 16 hours a week (in the evenings), that will really help. So far we're just training, but we get snacks, it seems like a great bunch, and I think it'll actually be fun and profitable. :) Yay!


That's all for now.

No comments: