Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Well, I've been working steadily for a little over two hours

The computer desk was set up already, although I moved it back a little, tilted across the corner. Then there's the printer stand, the table that had been between the living area and dining area, now with the TV/Cable Box/DVD-R/VCR. To the left of that is a couple of those stackable bookshelves with the DVDs and VHS tapes on them. That goes to the corner. In the small bit of wall on the left of the room, there's a bookshelf. I took the entertainment centre and put it between the living area and dining area. It is facing the dining area, with two of the bookshelves on the living room side. I need to get two more to go above those, so the back of the entertainment centre is hidden. Then I have to start putting books up on the shelves, and they'll go on the entertainment centre as well. What isn't going back up are the bed rails; I could never really reach the books anyway. So there's actually some wall space in the living room. I might be able to put up another painting or so, maybe the ones from the hallway. I'm not sure.

I took a few minutes to eat a salad and some cheese. I really needed some water, too. I think I'm going to stretch out for a few minutes, though, before I take a shower and head over to the store for those bookshelves.

I had a moment looking out the window just now, looking out at the leaves blowing in the wind, and I had a flashback to being stuck in the house last year, where my window was truly my main connexion to what was going on outside. I'm so glad that time is over, and that I'm able to move around and even though I'm probably overdoing it a bit today, at least I am up and able to move things around. I really appreciate how far I've come since I was hurt.

No comments: