Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 18, 2013

Success!

Windows 8.1 is now running on both computers. I went on to bed while it finished downloading onto the laptop, then got up just a few minutes ago and finished the installation. Yay! Granted, it was a long process (hence why I slept through part of it, as I started about 7:30 last night, so over all, it took several hours, even if you don't count the sleep). I'm hoping it will be worth it. The Start button pretty much just toggles between interfaces, rather than being a true start button, but it a bit reassuring I'm sure for those who hated not having one. Both computers seem to be loading faster when programs are chosen. We'll see from there. I'm going to go back to bed for about a half an hour and try to get a little more sleep. :)

No comments: