Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Well, drat...

I was getting ready to go over to a friend's to watch 'The Originals' and 'Supernatural' with him, when I decided to stop by the house and get my mail and change into some more comfortable clothes. On my door was a note from my landlady explaining that our cable company had subcontracted a company to come in and install new cable lines in our apartments, starting as early as 9:00 tomorrow morning. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Monday they can be here any time between 9 am and 5 pm. The note goes on to say where the new outlets will be and then says (in bold and italics), 'If you have items that sit in front of these areas, please move them away from the wall so the techs have easy access to those locations.

This is not so much a problem for most of my neighbours, many of whom have fairly minimalistic decor (or at least the ones who leave their blinds open seem to). But I have books. Many books. In fact, along the wall in the living room that must be cleared, I have an entertainment centre with a bookshelf above, with a bookshelf next to it that holds up two wooden bedrails with books on them that spans to the computer desk. Yes, I was thinking of rearranging my living room, but I wasn't expecting to have to do it, especially with that little notice! They gave me two days' notice that the exterminator was coming, but one day (which really translated to fourteen hours, since I was at work and out until 7 pm) for this???

YKWIA said I should just call them in the morning and tell them this is unacceptable. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a 'good girl' to do that. But still, it does irk me. Anyway, I should start that process. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: