Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, October 24, 2013

I was really hoping the cable people had come today, but no

Instead I got a notice that they were to be here today, tomorrow, and Monday (the original notice didn't mention Friday). I was really hoping they had come, worked, and finished, and that I could get things back together before the weekend, but alas, that will probably not be the case.

So now I'm home, eating black bean soup and a Parmesan bagel, and considering taking a nap because I worked very hard today and I'm a bit pooped. I'm finally making some progress about catching up on things there. I got The Blues Brothers in the mail today; maybe we can watch it at my friends' house instead. I also got the latest Victoria magazine and an entertaining catalogue called Alberene Royal Mail (http://www.albarene.com), which has all sorts of great gifts from Britain and Ireland inside, whether it be green men, illuminated manuscript ties, train station clocks, clan tartans, tea cakes, jewelry, and glass reproductions of famous window panels. They even have my phone booth toffee tin bank that I got years ago, along with others, including one of Big Ben and another of a thatched cottage. You can even get a replica of the Magna Carta should you wish. :) I should show this to YWKWIA and Brenda.

Okay, about that nap....

No comments: