Now the happy couple are on a road trip as a getaway (the kids are with family). I took a friend to an appointment this afternoon and then we had dinner together. Then I headed on home about sunset, stopping at the liquor store for some wine for my monthly libation and the bank so I could get some cash for the farmer's market tomorrow. There was an ATM at the store, but I was NOT going to pay $3.25 to some no name ATM for taking my own money out of the bank, when I could just drive down the street and get it for free. In the bus days, of course, I'd have probably done it. On my way back to the house, I was in the right-hand lane of a double left turning lane on Man O'War when someone turning left from Richmond Road turned into MY side of the median, into the empty extreme left lane next to me. They then realised their mistake and tried to go over the median, scraping the underside of their car pretty badly. It was a stupid mistake, but I could see it happening given the lower visibility at dusk. But I'm glad they didn't wind up in my lane. At least everyone was okay, although I doubt their car will be.
My plans for tomorrow:
- Stop by the Bluegrass Farmer's Market
- Turn in some library books, pay my fines (I lost track of the time this past month a bit)
- Sign and turn in my lease
- Help a friend out with a project
- Do laundry
- Work on the game notes (although I think the game will not be on, as it's Father's Day Sunday and Brenda will probably be doing something with her family)