Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Apparently I am withdrawing from caffeine

I was irritable to nearly the breaking point earlier and went through all the usual suspects such as not taking medicine, wonky blood sugar, or premenstrual syndrome, and realised that they were not the culprit, but rather the fact that I've cut down on my soda intake, the way I get my caffeine, may have something to do with it. I've had only two 20 oz. diet drinks today; everything else is water. Once I realised this (and took some ibuprofen for my headache) I did better. I played the game and enjoyed myself, although I did discover the string cheese I bring is actually a far worse culprit sodium-wise than most soda. There's 200 mg of sodium per serving. Brenda brought some veggies out of her garden for both of us, yay! Here's to squash and snow peas and various lettuces.

I don't normally post on Sundays, but thought I'd write a short bit. I'm home now and I've been looking for a book for a friend (one of those questions librarians get where they get very vague plot points and description, that we see as a challenge). I should go on to bed, though, as I must be up very early to take said friend to an appointment. I have to get over there by 7:15 or 7:30. At least that's what I'm shooting for. So I'm going to go on to bed. Good night!

No comments: