Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 29, 2013

I got a lot done in an hour

So for $15 I got four tomatoes, six ears of corn, an onion, a cucumber, and a pint of black raspberries. The squash in the picture comes courtesy of Brenda, who brought it at the last game, along with salad greens and snow peas. The little purple peppers are from my plant. I've had about seven so far, maybe more, and it's full again. So now I have the fixings for corn-on-the-cob, salad, and the dish I make with cheese, squash, and onions that I have no idea what it's called, but it's very yummy.

I ate breakfast at McDonald's, where a fly kept buzzing around me in the dining room. I know it's impossible to keep them out in hot weather, but it was annoying. But breakfast (egg and cheese biscuits) was good, and then I headed for the bank, where the drive-through was really hopping. I had to go inside for my transaction, and had to wait awhile because there was only one lobby teller open, but I was patient and eventually one of the drive-through tellers was able to do my transaction. I got the cashier's cheque for my rent and some money for the farmer's market, then headed there. After browsing the stalls and buying from about three of them (I like to spread the bounty), I headed to the leasing office, paid my rent (early!) and came on back to the house.

That's all I had planned for the morning. So pool or notes? Hmmmm....

No comments: