Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

We finally have snow

Not a lot, certainly (and thankfully) not of European proportions, but a nice dusting. I think this is only the second time this winter we've had any stick, and it was about as much. My fear is the mild winter will lead into an ice storm, as we're prone to one every few years, and ice storms majorly suck, although everything's pretty. You can't get anywhere, you lose electricity (which is my only source of cooking or heat), and stupid people try to use their grills to stay warm and wind up gassing themselves with carbon monoxide.

One of my co-workers is from the Balkans and is very concerned for her family there. They can't get out, they have limited food, and gas sometimes works and sometimes not. Thank goodness we don't have that here, but I feel for them and for all the others in Europe dealing with the snow crisis. Ice in the canals of Venice? Really? But of course climactic change is a myth, right?

Okay, time to go get ready for work. I'm going to wear my (very purple) snow boots just in case there are slick spots. At least I don't have the surgical boot on my foot this year, and in general I'm doing better with them.

No comments: