Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So after I blogged this morning

I actually went back to bed for a half hour, after dumping quite a bit of water out of that CPAP hose. I got woken up by a friend, who was on my side of town and offered to take me into work, an offer I was very happy to take.

I didn't manage to go for a walk, as my day was rather busy. I had my performance appraisal, which was very good, and it looks like I'll be getting some new duties which will mean changing my schedule to a more normal first-shift one. I'd be getting home before 6 pm, even on the bus. It does mean coming in earlier, but that's okay; after all, I go to bed early as it is. I'm pretty excited; it gives me more contact with people, albeit on the phone. And since both evaluations went very well, I get a raise starting next pay cheque, for both pay grades.

Tonight was the weeknight I don't have ride home, and I wound up leaving while a thunderstorm was raging somewhat to the south of us. I walked down Richmond Road a ways (I was afraid the bus driver wouldn't see me in the dark and rain). Fortunately, it stopped raining for awhile, when I was at the bus stop, which doesn't have a shelter. And it rained just a bit on the way from the bus stop. I did forget to take my medicine at 4, so my feet were hurting a bit, but not nearly like they do in other shoes. Tomorrow there's more rain in the forecast (it'll be 64 or so degrees).

So now I'm home. I've talked to a friend on the phone [the puppy went to the vet today], eaten a bit, and am considering turning in, although it's really pretty early, but sans humidifier. I may be up later. If not, hope you have a good night.

No comments: