Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What a difference two hours makes

I took three ibuprofen and got in bed, stretching out on both sides for awhile, not really sleeping, just feeling the muscles relax, and that took about an hour. Then I did fall asleep for a bit, once I relaxed. Yay, I'm moving better. And my feet feel better, too. I was having pain especially where those stress fractures were. That's arthritis, I think, and the Neurontin doesn't necessarily touch that, because it's not nerve pain. But the ibuprofen did.

If it weren't for the pain, I would have walked today, as it was 50 degrees and mostly sunny at one point this afternoon. Unfortunately tomorrow is forecast as rain, but the temperature is supposed to remain mild for awhile.

Today I was busy with many interlibrary loans, both borrowing and lending. So there was much scanning at copier, though thankfully I didn't have many large bound journals to deal with. I haven't bound journals in a few years, a trend that other hospital libraries have gone to. Granted, there is more chance that a single issue will go missing, but I think it's much easier to get a clean copy rather than those older tightly bound volumes. I have one journal, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, back to the 1930s, and let me tell you, they are quite tight.

There was a strange smell in the library that bothered my allergies all day. I think it was some sort of wood cleaner housekeeping used. At first I thought my cubicle mates had gotten flowers or something, but no, that wasn't it. Between the pain, the lack of insulin, and the allergy issue, I left work a little early so I could go do the collapse in bed thing.

There's something I meant to blog about a couple of days ago, but it slipped my mind. Did you know A Wrinkle in Time turned 50 this week? There is the A Wrinkle in Time: 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition available this year, with bonus material in addition to the novel. I own at least two copies of this book, so I can't really justify getting it, but it's a wonderful series. I have five of them, along with one of her other books. Madeleine L'Engle was a wonderful writer and interesting person. If you haven't read this classic, you should. Also, it is available for the Kindle, for $6.99, as well as others in the series.

No comments: