Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I stepped outside to clear my head

and it's snowing tiny, sparkling snowflakes. Not too much has actually accumulated; the walks are clear, just the bushes, cars, and a bit on the grass. But that's supposed to change.

I've been asleep since shortly after I arrived home, so about 7:00. Yes, that means once again I slept through 'Grimm' and 'Supernatural'. I so need to get caught up on them, and of course I was sure I would wake up, so I didn't set the DVR. Fortunately they have episodes online.

I just took some ibuprofen, the first I've taken since starting the Neurontin, because I'm having other types of aches and pains. I will say I woke up at 9:30, about an hour and a half past due for the Neurontin, and my legs were bothering me so much I couldn't stand to have pants on. Now they're fine, and my feet are mostly so. The odd thing is the test showed that I didn't really have any pronounced neuropathy--it was mostly normal. But it sure is helping, so I'm not going to complain, and it doesn't make me groggy or otherwise impair me, plus, considering how much ibuprofen I was taking, my stomach is likely happier.

I've taken my Lantus and done all the nightly stuff except feed the fish, which I will do when I put the lights out. I've already had five hours' sleep, so the plan is to get up early in the morning and do laundry and game notes. In fact, I'm tempted to do it now. But I'm a little achy right now, so I don't want to go lifting much.

Tomorrow's agenda:
  • Do laundry
  • Transcribe game notes
  • Charge batteries for the digital voice recorder (keep forgetting to do this until it's almost too late)
  • Visit pharmacy and iron out the flexible spending issue or at least get new meds and pay for them so I can be reimbursed
  • Mail a package for a friend from the post office (which is conveniently near the pharmacy)
  • Get some groceries, look for vegetarian oyster sauce
  • Go to the library, download 'Where's My Water?' through the wi-fi connexion and pick up a book they have on hold
  • Take out the trash (of which there is some, but very little)
  • Take out the recyclables (of which there is a goodly amount)
  • Clean the kitchen and bathroom
  • Do housework (different than cleaning, as I have been informed that cleaning involves water, as in dishes, mopping, and scrubbing)
  • Sew a button back on my coat, which popped off today on the bus when I tried to get my backpack off

It's a lot to do, I know, but hey, that's what Saturdays are for.

No comments: