Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wow, how industrious I've been

I went over to the library about 3 pm, turned in my book and some other stuff (but accidentally left a CD in my bag; at least it isn't due yet), took the bus over to Kroger, got a pretty big order for me (I filled up my granny cart), and then walked back. It took me 35 minutes to get two blocks, because I took my time with the traffic and the cart.

When I got home, I put up the groceries (I now have things like fresh vegetables, fruit, lots of dairy, eggs, and a goodly amount of canned goods [the latter in case we do get snowed in and lose electricity]). Then I took out the trash and the new load of recyclables.

I just sat down to eat and I took my blood sugar and it is only 181, which is really good for me. With a little effort and the new dosages, I'm hoping to get it down to normal. I also took my medicine that helps my feet, which was overdue. Note to self, don't go on a major expedition without taking your medicine.

It was really mild today (52 degrees), and on my way home I saw a groundhog in a field. As I came closer, he loped away (can they lope?) or whatever it is groundhogs do when they run away. He was really big and fat and was so funny as he moved. I used to know someone who always thought of the groundhog as his totem animal of sorts. It so fit, let me tell you.

You know, I do very little in the way of primping or elaborate skin care, although I am blessed with generally unwrinkled, clear skin, although sometimes it's ruddy. I use Clean and Clear's Morning Burst cleanser, followed by Aveeno's calming moisturiser, which contains SPF 15 to keep down sun damage and tame some of that ruddiness. I've used the latter for years, and I always get sticker shock when I get it. $15??? For lotion? Granted, there are a lot more products that set women back far more, but it just kills me. Still, it's good for my skin, and it does last several months, so I pay it. Razor heads are the same way. I spent $11, on sale for razor heads to a refillable razor. But again, at least they last awhile.

Awhile back I went to Bath & Body Works and got some of their orange ginger body wash, lotion, and shampoo (all of which were more pricey than what I might normally get in the grocery). But I have to admit, my skin has been much clearer and softer, and even my hair looks better. With my diabetes, my skin gets awfully dry, and that seems to be helping. I may have to go back when these are gone. It looks like they'll last about three months or so, so that's not too bad.

Okay. It's time to start game notes. I have the batteries charging now. Hopefully it won't take too long to transcribe. It was mostly us trying to figure out how best to capture and exorcise a creature without getting killed in the process. :) Ah, you have to love roleplaying games.

No comments: