Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My

I came home this evening, took out my contacts, and immediately went to bed. That was six hours ago. Last night I didn't even get home until midnight, and went to bed around 2 am, and so I'd been working on a bit of a deficit. Today was very busy, and I started to work on my new duties a bit and at the same time tried to get caught up on my data entry from being off Friday afternoon for a doctor's appointment. I'm not on the new schedule quite yet (I need to talk with my boss who supervises me in the library job), but if all goes well, I can start that on Thursday.

It was in the 60s today. I didn't get a chance to go outside and enjoy any of it, but my allergies are definitely feeling the evidence of early spring. Right now I'm sneezing and my eyes are watering. I'm not sure what the cause is (I'm allergic to just about everything in the Bluegrass region, including bluegrass). I'd say trees are part of it; I start going every year when the maples bloom, although I'm not sure whether they're one of my allergens. But most deciduous trees came back on the report, if I recall. I've actually had to use an inhaler twice in the last few weeks--once after the spat with the dogs, and another time when I'd been cataloguing apparently somewhat dusty books that I'd removed from the shelf.

I got up and took my night meds, but I'm considering going on back to bed and getting up early in the morning and doing a little laundry. It may be the last chance I can do that without being in the wee hours of the night. Also, I need to stop by the bank. Again, once I'm working the new schedule, there's no way to do that during the week. It's a good thing they're open on Saturday mornings. :)

Happy real birthday to any of you who were born on February 29th, by the way. For everyone, how will you spend your extra day this year?

Okay, I'm going to head back to bed. I forwarded myself some library-related links today from some lists I'm on, and I'll try to blog about them tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: