Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Listening to

'A Little Fall of Rain' from Les Misérables, which never fails to bring tears to my eyes, what with Eponine's unrequited love, dying in the arms of the man she loves.

So I've gotten quite a bit accomplished. The living room looks livable again, the dishes are washing, the recyclable bin is almost full again, and I've got some trash to take out. Basically, I have been hoarding all sorts of stuff that I just haven't had the energy to deal with, and haven't wanted to deal with, and it's time to get rid of it all.

So I'm taking a break now. It's not quite lunchtime. I'm going to check the bus schedule and see how best to do the grocery run. I'm tempted to do a fairly big run and take my granny cart. I can fit six reusable bags in there. The problem is that the cart is bigger than the newer ones I've seen, and doesn't fit on the bus well, and I don't want to take all those bags out or anything, so I may just go ahead take the bus over there (after dropping the book off at the library), go to Kroger and do my shopping, and then walk home.

I just looked out of my window and one of my neighbours, who takes the bus quite often, is out walking her cat. You never know what you'll see around here.

Okay, back to Les Mis. I'm up to 'Bring Him Home'. :) This is the 10th Anniversary concert in the Royal Albert Hall, and Colm Wilkinson singing, particularly that long last note, just makes chills run down my spine. I got the CD ages ago, but at some point I'd like to get the DVD as well. One thing I like about this concert, too, is they took many of the actors who had played Valjean, throughout many countries, and did a rendition of 'Do You Hear the People Sing?' as a compilation of phrases in various languages from Hungarian to Japanese as an encore, then ending with the whole cast and them singing 'One Day More' as a second encore. It's quite interesting.

No comments: