Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, November 18, 2011

Gathering the music

One of the things I do with this paycheque is start paying on the insurance policy that will pay for my cremation and memorial service should I die, according to arrangements I made last month with Milward Funeral Directors. When we got to music, this was what I wanted, and I have two of the three on CD. I just got a coupon from Amazon worth a free .mp3 song that I'm going to use to get the one I just have on tape, 'Dust in the Wind' (which, granted, is a bit cliché, I suppose, but I rather love); then I'll put them on a CD and put it with the rest of my planning materials. [The third, Rob Thomas' 'Now Comes the Night', will be the version on the album, not this live version.] They sort of sum up some of the stages of my life. What do you think?

Simon & Garfunkel, 'Scarborough Fair/Canticle'



Kansas, 'Dust in the Wind'


Rob Thomas, 'Now Comes the Night'


One of the comments on 'Dust in the Wind' was great. They all have that 70s look, and someone wrote that Hagrid did a great job playing the violin. :)

Anyway, I don't consider any of these sad. Poignant, yes, but sad, no, and fitting for any gathering remembering me. I did originally tell the lady 'Sound of Silence' for Simon & Garfunkel, because I guess with all we were going over, I had a brain freeze, but I'll correct that when I send in the payment to her tomorrow.

No comments: