Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I made several calls on the way home

(after getting past all the dangerous intersections). One was to the public library I had just left. I saw a couple of DVDs in the Friends' sale items for $3 a piece and wondered if I had to have cash to get them when I go next (hopefully they'll be there; I think the earliest I can go is Saturday) or if I could use my debit card. The latter is the case. Then I checked with Kroger to see if they have any bus passes so I can get one tomorrow. Yes and yay. Then I called the pharmacy to see if they had my medication and pen needles still (the doctor's office called them in last week, but I can't pick them up until tomorrow). Again, yes and yay.

Today was library day (I didn't have a ride home tonight and I needed to return a book, so I went over to the library after I got off the bus). I got some music CDs and two 7-day video loans of things I have in VHS but can't watch because I no longer have a working VCR. One is The Princess Bride; the other is AM/PM Yoga from Gaiam, the one I used to do yoga to in the mornings. I'm going to try to get back into a routine for a week, since I've been waking up earlier, and if I still enjoy doing it, may see about ordering the video from Amazon.

I downloaded an application to my phone for the airline I'm flying on soon, so I can see the flight status. I can actually check in through my phone, for that matter, but I think I'll just do it the old-fashioned way.

I think I'll put on some of the music and consider eating dinner. And I have an episode of 'American Dad!' to watch that YKWIA told me about last night and I was able to DVR it when it repeated. It's all about the family's adventures on vacation being the result of being put in chambers of goo, and called 'Vacation Goo' and it sounds hilarious.

No comments: