Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wow, I konked out

About 8 o'clock, after texting with a friend (who is terribly sick with chills, vomiting, and diarrhea--I hope he gets better soon!) and then folding and putting away my laundry, I had a headache, so I turned on some soft Classical music and laid down for awhile. I just woke up. The headache is gone (perhaps because it's actually raining now, rather than that period before). My bedding is still a bit damp so I'm sleeping on an uncovered mattress with my regular pillowcases but a small felt blanket that was an employee gift a few years ago. I had the window open, letting in some fresh air (it's almost midnight and 59 degrees, November or not), but I guess someone could have watched me sleep (creepy) or even come in. I don't normally sleep with the windows open now that I no longer have a dog to alert me.

I had found quarters for two more loads of laundry in my purse, which happens to be all the laundry, and had thought to do it tonight, but then decided not to when the headache came up, which is good, as it is raining steadily now. I did put the clothes in the hamper that's in my granny cart to get ready for taking over there, and put the collapsible hamper away. I may do it tomorrow morning. I don't have to be anywhere as early as usual; I have a doctor's appointment at 11:15 and it made absolutely no sense to go into work as usual and then turn around on the next bus and come back out here. Since I live within a short distance of the doctor's office, my boss is letting me just go straight there. So I could get up and do the laundry like I did this morning, but not as early. We'll see what the weather's like.

PS I got an e-mail a little while ago from Amazon that my package had shipped. We have a warehouse here in Lexington. It must have shipped from here. :)

No comments: