Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A hard dose of reality

When I was young, we were told that education and hard work pays off and with both you can achieve the American dream. I learned a long time ago (within a month after graduating with my MSLS, when I started selling bagels for a living) that what I was told was simply not true. And I think it will be far harder for today's college students and recently grads. In short, whereas I've always contended that we Gen Xers got a bad rap and card hand compared to the Boomers, the Millennials are getting the shaft.

25 college majors with the highest unemployment rates

This is the same list I wrote about awhile ago, but with a full 25 on the list. Library science is number 4, at 15% unemployment. And of course, considering you really need a master's level degree in library science to get a job, that means more outlay.

There is also 25 college majors with lowest unemployment rates to look at.

No comments: