Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I keep thinking my time is off

For one, both my radio-controlled clock and my bedside alarm clock, which have daylight savings time features, have already fallen back on their own. Then my alarm went off twice this morning (no I didn't snooze--I have to perform a simple memory test to turn off my alarm on my cell phone, and I did that twice). I dreamt for awhile between the two alarms, although it was only a few minutes. So it left me feeling a little disoriented. For once, I'm awake, and running ahead of schedule.

Tonight the 'time of no money' ends. There will be much rejoicing. It's been a month of peanut butter and crackers except for some food a friend bought me early in the month (well, actually, the peanut butter came from there, too. It was one of those giant Kroger ones and it's lasted me just about a month). I won't be rolling in money--I'm paying my rent and electric from this, plus getting a bus pass and food. But considering last month I paid my rent on the 20th, things seem to be looking up. And yes, I have already declined those featured selections for the book club and I'm doing what I need to cancel it soon. I swear the first thing I'm going to buy is deodorant (thank goodness I have some nice smelling bodywash, but even I can tell towards the end of the day that deodorant is a necessity. I hope no one else has noticed. I've been out for just been the last few days. YKWIA has a nose of a bloodhound, and he didn't say anything, and he would have.)

Okay, it's off to work I go. (Sorry, watched the latest 'Once Upon a Time' last night). I ate tuna gruel with some rice and tuna that had been given to me and some old cream of celery soup that was two years out of date from the back of my cupboard, but everything was nice and hearty and I only belatedly realised my insulin was still in the refrigerator (it shouldn't be injected cold), so I kind of passed out afterwards with some idea to get up and blog later. Hence I'm up early today.

Speaking of which, I need to take that out and put it in my backpack. Have a great day.

No comments: