Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, July 01, 2011

Ten things about me

[image credit: Joaquim Alves Gaspar, under the Creative Commons licence]
  • Favourite cookie: Carr's Ginger Lemon Cremes (they're Canadian)
  • Favourite holiday activity: The downtown street festival on the Fourth of July
  • Favourite colour: Purple, specifically that colour of blue-purple you see in chicory flowers, slightly bluer than periwinkle
  • Favourite sports team: I don't follow sports. Occasionally I'll watch figure skating, may get sucked into a basketball game, or find English premier football intriguing, but that's pretty much it.
  • Favourite sport as a child: Dodgeball, which is played with a ball that is big, red, and soft. I had a talent for getting hit by balls so often rather than catching them that they put me in soccer at one point. But those balls I could dodge, probably because I could actually see them even with my poor peripheral vision from my glasses. It was the only game anyone really wanted to pick me for.
  • Favourite toy as a child: Dynah-mite, a doll that was smaller than Barbie and had articulated joints. I had her be everything from gymnast to spacewoman. She could stand on her own and could be posed in all sorts of manners. For more on the doll and some pictures of her, see the Oh My Dolls! Museum.
  • Favourite flower: Iris
  • Favorite bird: Mourning Dove
  • Favourite bug: Dragonfly
  • Favourite subject in school I didn't get a degree in: Linguistics [I was one class (phoenetics) short for it].

No comments: