Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 23, 2011

So I am blogging from my phone

Which isn't as bad as you might think since I have a web browser, but it's a little weird to be doing so using the Swype keyboard, where you slide your finger over the keyboard and it (mostly) figures out what you have to say. Plus, there's the tiny screen (and mine is smaller than most Android phones), so there's a good bit of moving the screen around to make sure the correct word made it in the text box.

Harry Potter was fun. I so appreciate that my friends took me to see it. I cried three times and cheered four times, only one of which was due to Harry's actions.

*spoilers ahead*

I cried during Snape's death and the Pensieve scene, the former because I knew the second was coming from having read the book. I also cried over Tonks and Remus, who would never see their baby grow up.

I cheered when Draco's mother lied to Voldemort, when Mrs Weasley killed Bellatrix, when Neville took out Nagini, and of course, when Harry killed Voldemort. Ah, fun times.

Neville, I thought, did quite a good job, coming into his own.

There were some things I don't remember from the books and I Think they took some liberties, but overall I was quite pleased. Now if only JK Rowling would write a sequel or prequel, I'd be quite happy.

No comments: