Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today I have:

  1. Eaten breakfast.
  2. Planned my itinerary.
  3. Discarded the idea of getting printer ink and checking with the optometrist about my contacts.
  4. Taken the bus to Lowe's, picked up some things for my friends' house, and three cheap but nice plastic terracotta-coloured pots, one big, two small, for my herbs. That took my large tote bag and a Kroger reusable tote.
  5. Gone into a Speedway for the first time since Thanksgiving and gotten a frozen drink, the first time I've done that in a good couple of years. It's so weird to go into one when I used to work in one.
  6. Walked over to Liquor Barn. I picked up some pinot grigio for a friend and two pinot noir bottles for me. The pinot noir is for libations, one tonight in thanksgiving for prayers answered, and one for my monthly libations at menstruation. Those went into my backpack.
  7. Gotten just a few things at Kroger; I'll do more shopping tomorrow morning. As it was, I could barely carry everything, as I added a second Kroger reusable tote and there was a box to carry as well. Fortunately everything except the backpack and box were light.
  8. Taken off a home screen shell program from my phone that was freezing the whole thing up (and has been on and off, especially when time was of the essence), because it prevented me from returning a call when someone was waiting for me and there was a short timeframe involved. At least it was a free application. And it made the phone screens look really nice and allowed me to put things into folders nicely. A shame it wouldn't work when I needed it to.
  9. Gone by bus with all this stuff and dropped off what belonged to my friends at their place and visited for a bit.
  10. Managed to dodge the rainstorm by being on the bus for the majority on the way home, getting sprinkled just a bit.
  11. Eaten dinner.
  12. Vacuumed the apartment.
  13. Transplanted the herbs--the lavender, thyme, and rosemary getting their own pots, and the sage, tarragon, and Italian oregano in one large one. I also rescued an amaryllis bulb and planted it. Then I put three avocado pits suspended in water in my bedroom window. Soon I may have an avocado plant or three. :)
  14. Cleaned up the leavings from doing all that potting.

Pretty productive for a Saturday. Now it's time to do notes. (Yes, I waited till the last minute, again.)

No comments: