Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, July 21, 2011

So hot

We're not the worst in the country, of course, but our heat indices have been above 105 degrees and it's just miserable, even early in the morning or late at night. I didn't go to physical therapy this morning because of the weather. Yesterday I had a mild asthma attack when I got to Richmond Road. I guess the heavy air was trapping the car exhaust, because I was crossing briskly and suddenly couldn't breathe. Fortunately I keep an inhaler on me at all times, even though I use it maybe once a year. I didn't want a repeat today, given I was running behind and would have had to push it to be on time. So I called instead and set up my appointments for next week. They were very nice about it, which I appreciate.

I did have to pick up medicine and go to the bank, so by the time I got to work, even though I wore the lightest clothing I had, I felt sticky and icky. Since it was far worse this evening, I asked one of my co-workers for a ride home. Both yesterday and today I have fallen asleep by 7 pm, to get up later in the night. Yesterday YKWIA called at about 11:30 and we talked till 2 am. Tonight I feel rested, not groggy or anything, but it's just like I needed a boost. I know sleeping in split shifts is probably not great (I felt crappy this morning, although that was partly due to my blood sugar, which has been running high ever since my oral meds were dropped).

I may be somewhat spotty in posting this coming week. I'm going to have an outage of my home Internet connexion from sometime the 22nd until the 27th or 28th. It can't be helped; the IRS fiasco from earlier this month left me unable to pay that bill, and they only offer extensions every six months and I had one five months ago. So.... Still, there's the library, and for that matter my phone. So I'll post some. I did get a very nice letter from the IRS the other day saying my overpayment had been applied to my remaining tax bill. I actually have money in my account right now, but all of it will go to this month's payment, since I still have to do that. So I'm going to spend a very lean week as well. Fortunately I have my unlimited bus pass, so I can get to work and back, and I have two dollars in quarters for a load of laundry. Um...that's about it, but things will look up next week, and it will be here before you know it. I think I should be able to catch up completely by mid-August.

On the positive side, this week has been very good for several of my friends, for which I'm very glad. I plan on giving a whole bottle of wine at dark of the moon as a libation in return for answered prayers.

Okay, I'm going to check and see if there's anything out there that is blogworthy. In case there isn't, have a good night.

No comments: