Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yes, we can...with a twist

On December 21st, Jews will light the first candles of the menorah. This video, from Jewish Malibu, plays on the this year's popuular 'yes, we can' mantra for the upcoming Chanukah season, drawing upon the theme of a rabbi's speech which predated Obama's use by several years.



Here is a transcript of the video.

Although I myself am not Jewish, I have a very dear friend who is and as you may remember, I completed a minor in Judaic Studies. I think lighting the menorah at Chanukah is one of the best and uplifting traditions of the winter season. I know it's a bit early, but best wishes to all of you who celebrate it.

Thanks to Steven of Library Stuff for this one.

No comments: