Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Had to take a break

My kitchen and bathroom are clean, my bedroom is almost there, and quite a few of the boxes (of books) that were in the living room floor have been moved to the bedroom closets. (I have no clothes in my closets; it's all books (some on shelves) and various miscellaneous stuff that need to be gone through. But not today.)

I'm up to 7 lawn bags of stuff I'm throwing out plus two of recyclables. I still need to work on the living/dining room (which has a lot of clutter) and the walk-in closet. The walk-in closet is going to be mostly just loading clothes in bags and throwing them out. Some time ago my air conditioner leaked in the closet, and got the clothes wet, so the inevitable happened. I don't think there's any salvaging to be done. They were mostly old clothes I couldn't wear anymore that I hadn't gotten around to giving away yet, although there was a good interview dress and a few favourite tee shirts, too. I haven't gone through them before this because I'm very allergic to mildew. I know, keeping them hasn't been the best for my allergies, either. But I'll keep my inhaler nearby and wash my hands a lot.

As part of renewing my lease, my landlords owe me a free carpet clean, so once everything's off the floor and vacuumed, then I'll try to schedule that. But the floor's in pretty decent shape, actually, since I haven't had pets for over a year (and I had the carpet cleaned myself after Cerys died, since she'd had a couple of accidents on it towards the end). There's very little hair, for example. Around the computer's the worst, actually, because I eat there and have been messy when it comes to crumbs. Since I've had the books all over the place, I haven't vacuumed in awhile, so it's built up. But I'll vacuum tonight or tomorrow morning just to get anything else up.

I'm a little tired, but I found that putting things on the comfy chair and bed have kept me from trying to nap. :) But I am going to cook something to eat, get a drink and sit down and take a break.

No comments: