Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm sniffly, sneezy, achy, and although I don't think I'm quite ready for Nyquil

I think I must admit to myself that I'm not just having allergy or sinus issues or reacting to the cold and rain, but rather that I have a light cold. I've had congestion for about a week. Now I'm sneezing and my throat's getting scratchy. I just hope it stays in my head and doesn't migrate to my chest and doesn't worsen. I'm starting to cough, so that may be a vain hope. All I know is I feel as the saying goes like I've been hit by a Mack truck--indeed I feel almost flattened. Sleeping helps, but I have too much to do to sleep everything away. Using the CPAP clears out my sinuses briefly, too, but again, that would mean just sleeping a lot. Which if it gets worse I'll consider, I suppose. At least it's been a long time since I've been sick--and the symptoms so far are pretty light. I haven't had to resort to medicine, yet, but that may be in the cards tomorrow.

This afternoon I came home from work early (I was ahead on my time) and slept between jobs, which helped, but I was virtually useless at either one. Tomorrow I work from 10 am-10 pm between the two, and it's truck night, so I have to be able to keep it together.

I'm going on to bed. I'm going to try to wake up early to do a few things. And maybe the aches will be helped by a little yoga, now that I have space to do it. :)

No comments: