Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted!


(okay, I really tried to get a sharp picture and just couldn't get the camera to focus well enough on the sticker, but there it is, anyway)

There was no line for my precinct, as per usual, but the other precinct that also votes at the Eagle Creek library was out the door and maybe thirty people beyond that. A lot of people had brought their kids with them, which was nice.

I did pretty well until I got to the soil conservation board. I mean, how much do you hear about that sort of race?

But we have a couple of very hotly contested races: Obama-McCain of course, and Lunsford-McConnell. McConnell is one, if not the, most powerful Republican in the Senate and has been in office for over 20 years. Lunsford does have a few drawbacks, but the Republicans attacked him over stupid things, at least from what I saw, like having homes in other states (he lives primarily in Louisville, though). I saw one of their ads and it was attacking him on it, and the very document they had circled on it also listed his Louisville address. Sheesh. You think they could do better than that.

I'm curious as to how things will turn out tonight. I'm taking a friend or two to the polls at 3 this afternoon. Their precinct tends to be pretty crowded. There was a mayoral (yes, mayoral--not presidential) race where we got stuck at the polls for something like three hours there. We're trying to go before people head out from work this time.

Remember, be sure to vote!

No comments: